Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Finally getting around to it

Well, here we are a month past Christmas and I still have yet to post any pictures.  I'll have to do this in installments, mostly because half of the pictures are still on my camera...

First, I have to say how much I really enjoy Christmas.  It must come from my parents who LOVE Christmas and ok, a lot of other people in the world who absolutely LOVE Christmas, but there's something about this season that just puts you in a good mood.  People are nicer to each other.  Decorations are everywhere.  Christ's love is talked about in everyday situations.  It's just the "most wonderful time of the year". 

This year, however, I think it's fair to say my whole family was a little less joyful than in years past.  None of us knew exactly how we would deal with the emotions of going through our first Christmas without my dad.  If anyone knows me very well, you know that none of us were extremely close with our dad, but that doesn't make it sting any less - to celebrate a holiday that you usually did without that person.  And Christmas was about the ONLY holiday we did celebrate with him, so it was even more noticed.  We all made it through, not without a few tears and fond memories and we still upheld a few of the traditions we did with him too - I guess "in memory of" sort of thing.

Christmas Eve we did the traditional snacks (including mini-ham sandwiches with poppyseed/mustard/butter spread) down at the shop.  Surprisingly, the Market was still quite busy midday - good for sales!
Then we had a great time of fellowship and worship at JICC's Christmas Eve service.  Caroline was excellent through the whole thing. 
Back to Mom's house for the traditional cheese fondue Christmas Eve dinner.  I'm SO glad we have this particular tradition!  Who doesn't love anything smothered in hot, gooey cheese? Followed by the readings of the Christmas Story in Luke and Twas the Night Before Christmas.  I love traditions! and good thing - cause we obviously have a lot of them!

Anyway, here are a few pictures from Christmas Eve at Mom's house.
Kind of a blurry picture, but everyone looks so cute!
Lizzy & Troy - aren't they cute?




This is the best picture we got of our little family...

Nona reading the Night Before Christmas


 At home, getting the cookies & milk ready for Santa and the carrots for the reindeer. Caroline dictated the note to me for Santa, then signed her name too.
She was pretty excited!

No comments: