Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baby #2 - not here yet!

Thought I should probably give a quick update in regards to baby #2.  We're a little less than a week away from our due date, though really it's such an arbitrary thing anyway...  People keep asking, "how are you feeling?" Of course, I'm feeling large and uncomfortable (what woman doesn't when 9 months pregnant, chasing after a 2, almost 3 year old, in 100+ degree weather?).  But overall, still feel like I'm doing pretty well.  I don't really remember the last few days leading up to Caroline's birth, but don't think I was every really READY to have the pregnancy over with.  I feel some of that now too.  Maybe it's knowing that our lives will change so much or the fact that I actually enjoy being pregnant.  Plus, I keep thinking of things that "need to get done" before the baby comes, none of which actually HAVE to be done. 

All that said, we're ready.  It's funny. We keep doing last "special" things with Caroline: took her to her first "in the theater" movie (Winnie-the-Pooh - which by the way she loved!), going out to dinner, getting ice-cream, evening shopping, etc.  Last night Jonathan made the comment that the baby needs to hurry up and get here so we can stop spending money doing these last minute special-only-the-three-of-us-things!  Oh well. 

We are very excited about meeting our second daughter and know that whenever it happens, it will be God's perfect timing for her joining our family - and it will be the ultimate SPECIAL thing this summer!

38 weeks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so good! We'll see you soon enough! Love you!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE it !!! You look so pretty :) love u cant wait!!!! liz

Anonymous said...

emily, you look great!
pink is a great color for you; and your hair is so pretty!

you look very happy.
and i'm happy for you and your family.

gooooood luck!