We thought it would be fun to tell our families for Christmas. We gave each of them a baby photo album with a picture of the ultrasound and one of us announcing "We're having a baby!" They were all super excited - though I think Patrick's reaction was the best...
After the Christmas Eve service, before the annual opening of the Christmas Eve present, Jonathan and I asked everyone to gather together to open their gift. Mom, Glenn and Eliz immediately got it and started squealing/hugging/crying/congratulating all at once. Patrick is still sitting there trying to figure out what's going on. No congrats, no look of excitement, just blank and confused. No lie - about 20 seconds later - we hear Patrick go "O-o-o-o-h, I get it. YA'LL are having a baby." Yes, Patrick, that's why we're holding the sign... maybe he's spent too many chilly mornings in the winter water at Folly. :)
Check out the video and listen for him to "get it".
No comments:
Post a Comment