Monday, April 14, 2008

First Pink Thing!

Jonathan and his dad went to the Masters on Saturday. This has kind of become an annual tradition which they both enjoy very much. They get to spend an entire day of doing nothing but watching golf on a beautiful course - what's better than that? (ok, so I can name a few things I'd rather do, but to them, this is about a perfect day...)

Since we found out we're having a girl, Jonathan has been talking about wanting to teach her how to play golf. I keep telling him we have a few years before we need to decide what sport she'll play! He gets so excited thinking about her being the next Tiger Woods (female version of course).

Needless to say, when they were at the Masters the stopped in the gift shop. Normally, he'd get a shirt or hat or something for himself. This year, his focus has changed slightly. For his little golfer to be, he brought home the most adorable outfit, complete with the Masters' logo and everything. On top of how cute and thoughtful it is - it's our FIRST PINK THING! He did such a good job!
Side note - it's definitely not the first baby item we've acquired. Back in Feb (before we knew the gender), I shopped at some local consignment sales (talk about some deals). Everything I bought is either green or yellow. So I'm VERY excited to be adding pink to the wardrobe mix!

1 comment:

thetalbotts said...

Good job, Jonathan! Even if you weren't trying, I'm sure you scored major brownie points with Emily. :)