Friday, May 2, 2008

Wedding Season is Here

I have to say I find myself flipping between two worlds on a daily basis. My personal life has been filled with baby books, thinking about baby stuff, talking with other moms and basically just day dreaming about the coming of our little girl. My professional life is filled with brides, wedding magazines, thinking about wedding ideas/details, talking with brides about their big day and everything that goes along with weddings. It's a weird juxtaposition for these two HUGE life changing events to be coexisting in one person's mind! Sometimes, I literally feel like I flip a switch - I go from "baby mode" to "wedding mode". It's fun though.

I LOVE working with brides, helping them see their vision come to reality on their wedding day. I spend a good amount of time with each bride leading up to their wedding so I begin to feel like it's mine too - I even dream about their weddings - at least once for each bride - that's how involved I get!

I keep meaning to take my camera with me to these spectacular events so I can post some pictures, but then I'm always busy during the event and figure the professionally hired photographers get much better pictures anyway. Usually, those pictures are posted about a month after the event. I know I love looking at wedding pictures so thought it might be fun.
Here's a link to my first wedding of the season: http://slideshows.thirtyfiveatlanta.com/jessie_matt

1 comment:

twyla said...

Emily! you need to take some pics of the things that the photog would not photograph! so in about 4 decades when i decide i need a wedding, i'll have lots to choose from :) haha

less than 100 days! And when you see me, it'll be less than like 50 days! this is crazy! :)