Thursday, June 5, 2008

30 week check-up

Went back to the doctor on Tuesday for my 30 week check-up. Everything is great! Our baby girl's heartbeat is strong, I'm meauring just right and really no complaints. The next big thing we need to do is choose a pediatrician - let me tell you - there are a TON of them in Atlanta! Thankfully, the midwife told us some she's familiar with and we have lots of friends with babies that we can ask around.

I think I've gotten a preview this week of how this summer is going to be - HOT! I know it hasn't been that hot yet, but I guess being pregnant makes everything feel hotter. I've already visited the pool twice this week and plan to continue that habit. The girls in my family (me, Mom and Eliz) have always been of the opinion that tan body parts look better than fleshy white ones... so yes, I'm sunning my belly too!

I'm also napping again. I guess it's true what the books say - 1st and 3rd trimesters are so exhausting. Yesterday, I was busy all day and skipped my nap. By the time Jonathan and I finished dinner and talked for a bit, he asked me what I wanted to do. My answer: "go to bed". He responded, "It's only 8:30! It's still light outside!". I said I didn't care and proceeded to wrap up my evening and get in bed! Granted, I did read for a bit, but was sound asleep by 9:45. Needless to say, if I want to socialize with him when he gets home from work and school - I've learned I HAVE to take a nap! Speaking of... I think it's about that time! Yay!

No comments: