Sunday, October 18, 2009

First visit to Furman

Jonathan and Baba took Caroline to Furman on Saturday. It happened to be Furman's Homecoming and also a dedication for the new rugby field in honor of Jonathan's rugby coach. This was Caroline's first trip to Furman as well as her first football game. I heard she was quite the little trooper. Actually, I think Jonathan's words were "she was the perfect little angel all day." It was cold (high of 50 during the day) and overcast/misty all day long. Jonathan and Baba tried their best to keep Miss Caroline warm, though she didn't like to be bundled in a blanket or keep her hood on her head or anything on her hands. Overall, it seems like they had an enjoyable albeit long day.

As a side note, I had a spa weekend at Chateau Elan to celebrate my friend, Elizabeth Crouch's, wedding (yay for me!). This is only the second time I have left Caroline overnight. I really enjoyed my time away from her spent with some girlfriends, but I was so happy to see her again today!
The newly dedicated field signage

Jonathan, Coach John Roberts and Caroline

Jonathan's brick at the Rugby field

Future Furmanite - Class of 2029? (eating at the student center)

Jonathan said it was too cold to walk all around campus and take pictures... next time we'll get more!

No comments: