Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Coloring Table

Anyone who knows me, knows I purchase just about everything for Caroline from local consignment sales. One of my dear friends, Katherine, introduced me to them when I was pregnant and I've been hooked ever since. Not only am I being "green" by re-using clothing, toys, etc from other families who have out-grown them, but it's a whole lot less expensive than purchasing things new. Jonathan has told me on several occassions that he's glad (and thankful) that I choose to do my children (and maternity clothes) shopping at these sales. We're so lucky to have so many great ones in Atlanta! It's a great way to be good stewards of our money. Another side note, I've also been able to make some money by selling things that Caroline has already out-grown and that we're not planning to keep for other children.

Well, you must be wondering why I just talked about consignment sales at length...
Reason being: I found this little table and chairs set for Caroline at a sale recently (for $10!) - looks almost brand new!

She loves to sit there and color or play with her new play-doh. It's just her size!
She's showing me where she "wrote" her name on the picture.

Caroline takes after her daddy. Everything has a place and should be put back there as soon as finished being played with. As you can see here, she like for the crayons to go back into the original container... yes, I'm learning how to be neater from her too!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord! A neatnick In this family? Well she didn't get it from her maternal Grandma that's for sure! So grown up looking!

annie said...

So precious, Emily! Glad you're still finding great deals! And if you ever sell anything of Caroline's that is monogrammed, well, call me! My CEB would love to wear your CEB's hand-me-downs! =) Hope y'all are doing well! We miss you!

Kristin said...

Love all your new pics! She is totally adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

I love that she can color. Can you ask her to make one for her favorite auntie lizzy???? maybe???
xoxo