All my years of living in Charleston and I've never participated in the Cooper River Bridge Run. Well, this year is no different... I still did was not an entry number, however for the first time I did go out early that morning to watch the race and cheer on two of my favorite people. Jonathan and one of my brothers, Glenn, ran this year. They both did quite well and it was fun to be a part of what's becoming a Charleston tradition for so many people.
Here are the runners pre-race - EARLY in the morning!
Caroline woke up early too to tell Daddy good luck!
Weird weather for Charleston - it was chilly that morning.
Here we are waiting for the boys to come by.
Lizzy and Troy came with us to watch and cheer. So glad they did!
Caroline and Daddy post-race. He doesn't look like he just ran 10k!After the race, we played tourist around town. Stopped at Starbucks, walked down King Street, went to visit Nona at the shop in the renovated Market. We all had a fun day. Maybe next year I'll think about walking the Bridge... we'll see...
4 comments:
What a fun weekend that was! Loved having all of you home! Wish Patrick could've been there too.
Wow! That sounds like so much fun! I bet they loved having their ladies' support!
IT WAS SO SO SO COLD THAT MORNING! How strange was that? The boys were amazing ... i think i will plan to participate next time. i am starting to train now!!!! you and me what do you say em???
xoxo Liz
IT WAS SO SO SO COLD THAT MORNING! How strange was that? The boys were amazing ... i think i will plan to participate next time. i am starting to train now!!!! you and me what do you say em???
xoxo Liz
Post a Comment