Friday, October 15, 2010

Big Girl Bed!

We've been reading about it, we've been talking about it, we've been looking at it, finally, today was the day to put together Caroline's Big Girl Bed! She was so excited! This morning, the very first thing out of her mouth was not "Good Morning Daddy", not "Missed you Daddy" (he's been out of town for 5 days), not "I'm awake" or anything that would normally come out of her mouth first thing in the morning... she said, "Daddy, big girl bed today. Take apart my crib and put big girl bed in my room." No lying. (note to self: if you ever tell a child that something is going to happen on a specific day, you better follow through on it, cause they'll sure remember and remind you!)

A few last pictures in her crib.

So, here we are putting together Caroline's big girl bed. She was a big helper. As she was helping me clean it, I explained to her that her new big girl bed is very old - like 25 years old. And that Uncle Glennie, Aunt Lizzy and Uncle Patrick all slept in it when they were little. She looked at me like, "huh"? Regardless, I'm so glad that my mom saved it so that we can now use it too!

Bringing in the pieces

"See here, Daddy, next we have to put in the screws..."
"This is how you do it"
And here are the boards

All put together!
"I can climb in all by myself!"

No comments: