Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Working on the Christmas Cards

Every year, I tell myself I'm going to get my Christmas cards ordered, addressed, completed and mailed WAY before we get into the Christmas season (which to me, starts the day after Thanksgiving).  Truth be told in years past even though I have this high and lofty goal of getting the cards out early, I still barly manage to get the cards post-marked before Dec 24.  Last year was my most tardy mailing of all!  We should have changed and made our cards say "Happy New Year" instead of "Merry Christmas", but alas they were already printed so they were just mailed EXTREMELY late.  Granted I think it's fair that I claim leniency since I did have a newborn wait, no Caroline was already one... oh well, I guess I didn't have a really good excuse. 

Regardless, here we are staring down the second week of December and guess who doesn't even have their Christmas cards printed.  Righto.  Argh!  I did at least take some time to look through my list last night to see who are all the people I need to contact to get current addresses.  That's at least a step forward!  So as I'm slowly collecting those last few addresses... I'm actually going to select a card and move a bit closer to the end goal of getting those cards in the mail!

As we've done in years past, we're planning to order our cards from Shutterfly.com.  They have so many cute designs - it's sometimes hard to choose just one!  I've considered picking a couple of different ones and mixing it up on my list... then again, maybe I should just stick to one and focus more on getting those bad boys in the mail.  We'll see...  One of the super helpful things on the Shutterfly website is their search capability.  You can select how many photos you want to feature, if you want a folded card or a flat card, photo paper or cardstock and several other options.  This simple feature really helps so much in making a decision!

Here are some of my favorites so far:

(click on cards to open & view on Shutterfly.com)





You'll have to wait to see what card we select! And hopefully it will be soon!

No comments: