This weekend was a special time for our family. Jonathan and I participated in our church's baby dedication ceremony for Sarah Anne. For those non-Baptist readers, this is a time when we as parents commit ourselves to raising our child(ren) in a Christian environment, teaching them about Jesus and nurturing their faith as they grow. It's an outward symbol and reminder for us as well as the church family of our intentions.
We are so lucky to have a large extended family, most of whom live fairly close by. Both sets of grandparents were in attendance as well as several aunts, uncles and cousins and great-grandparents. The entire weekend was filled with family and food. What more could you ask for?
Jonathan and I were asked to select a verse for Sarah Anne's dedication. We chose Colossians 3:12
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."
Of course, I can't write a post in which pictures are posted of special dresses and not mention that too! Sarah Anne is wearing the same dress that Caroline wore for her baby dedication. Caroline is wearing the dress that her cousin Alyssa wore as flower girl in our wedding! Both dresses were made by my mom. So special and so sweet!
1 comment:
I love both their dresses! Em you look so pretty too (love the bracelet)! Cant wait to see the girls Tuesday and Jonathan will miss seeing you this time... hugs
Auntie Lizzy
Post a Comment