Saturday, March 3, 2012

Six Months

So I'm only a month late, but I figured I should post the six month pictures before posting the seven month ones.  Let's see if I can remember back a month...

At her six month check-up, Sarah Anne weighed in at 17 lbs (75%) and was 26" long (75%).  She was sitting up quite well all by herself.  She has definitely found her voice.  She loves to babble, coo, and make what we affectionately call the "dinosaur sound".  Kind of like "aaaaahhhhhh" as loud as she can muster.  Caroline thinks it's great fun to get her going and will ask her over and over: "Sarah Anne, what does a dinosaur say?" and SA will make the noise.  "Sarah Anne, what does a lion say?". again, the noise, "Sarah Anne, what does the bear say?" and on and on... you get the picture (I'll try to post a video of it).  It's great to watch SA now interact with CE.  SA responds to CE when she talks and always smiles when Sissy walks in the room.  I guess they're in the early stages of playing together.  Overall, supervision is mostly needed as CE can still sometimes be a little rough in her love, but we're working on it. 

We've got a pretty good sleeping routine now.  Most evenings, SA is going to bed between 5:30p and 6:30p.  She'll sleep til 10 or 11p, wakes to nurse, then straight back to sleep.  Again sleeps until 3or 4a, nurses and back to sleep.  She wakes in the morning between 6 and 7a and babbles in her bed until we get her about 7.  She's good for another hour most mornings and is ready for a nap by 8 or 8:30a.  Most days she'll sleep for at least an hour sometimes an hour and half, occassionally strtetching to 2 hours. (yay).  Then we have a good awake and play time through lunch.  I try to put both girls down for naps around 1230 or 1p.  Again another 1-2 hours of sleeping, then a good wakeful time in the afternoon til bed.  Now, I would be lying if I said this happens every day exactly like this, but most days look something like this.  Caroline enjoys the mornings while SA is napping so she and I can have time together.  We work on our letters or play games or do projects.  The afternoons, SA likes to play with (I mean watch) CE and we try to get outside for a bit every day.  SA really likes being outside.  If she's getting to that fussy/I'm ready for bed point about 5ish, we head outdoors to stretch her out for a little longer. 

We had lots of visitors during SA's sixth month.  Nona cames a few different times before her busy season starts at work.  Bibi and Baba came for a visit one weekend and then Bibi and the cousins (Alyssa and Isaiah) come for a few days too.  We had a great time visiting with everyone!




No comments: