Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day - Almost

Today is Mother's Day - it's a day we all celebrate the wonderful women in the world who are mothers. Fortunately, Jonathan and I have been blessed with truly wonderful mothers who have raised us, loved us and encouraged us through life. Without them, I don't know where either of us would be. They have taught us both so much and have given so freely of themselves to help us become the adults that we are today. I'm glad there's a special day set aside to celebrate our mothers - we should do it more often!

Jonathan (sweet guy that he is) also celebrated an "almost mother's day" for me. He had a few presents, a card and really made the day special for me too! What a wonderful surprise to be honored as a mother already! After church, we went to one of our favorite places to have brunch then spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around with each other. It did dawn on us how few of these lazy afternoons we have left just to ourselves. But we're looking forward to our little one arriving!


Here's a picture of "the belly"

1 comment:

thetalbotts said...

Hooray for belly pictures! I was coming to your blog to comment that you needed to show everyone your baby belly, and you did! And apparently it's all baby after your last ultrasound report. :)