Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Pumpkin Day!

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. Don't know that I've really ever been. I'm not into dressing up and going out with people. It all seems too dangerous and yes, scary to me. For example, my freshman year of college my friends made me go with them downtown to a playground (in the dark), where yes, we played on the kids toys. I was anxious the entire time. I thought we were either going to get in trouble for being there (at night) or get kidnapped (probably my biggest fear) or just something bad would happen. Nothing bad did happen - we actually had a good time. I thought the fun for the night was over. Nope - we went back to the dorm and again, they made me watch scary movies. I don't remember what we watched, only remember having my face covered for almost the entire thing. (I HATE scary movies, I don't even watch the commercials for scary movies when they come on TV!) Needless to say, I'm just not someone who likes to participate in Halloween.


However, now that Caroline's around... that might be changing. Kids in costumes are just SO CUTE! I found a cute little pumpkin suit & hat at a consignment sale ($2 thank you very much!). We knew we weren't going to go Trick or Treating, but I still wanted her to dress up in some way. Jonathan's work had a little Halloween party yesterday for the kiddies to come around the office. She definitely was the cutest little pumpkin there!
And today, I just took some more pictures of her being cute in her Jack-o-lantern shirt. I could just eat her up!

Caroline has started talking a lot lately too. I just rarely catch it on camera. Usually as soon as I pull it out she stares at it and forgets that we were talking. That's why the funny angle... trying for her not to see the camera!

2 comments:

The Cooks said...

I don't like Halloween either. Do you think your mom did it to us when she used to tell us that the ice cream man could kidnap us or to look under our cars -- to make sure someone was not there to grab us?

: )

Love you, Miss Vicki!

P.S. Caroline is a cutie! She's definitely the cutest pumpkin I saw this year!

Anonymous said...

this is by far my favorite!!! her talking to too cute for words.... i love her little shirts she got decked out this hallows for sure! i cant wait to see the christmas attire!!! xoxo liz