Our ultrasound tech made some kind of joke about having several patients recently where the baby would not coorporate and they couldn't determine the gender. We got under way with the anatomy scan and everything looked great and was measuring right on track. Thank you, Lord, for a healthy baby!
Finally, the tech gets around to looking at the gender part... but apparently, Peanut had his/her legs closed tight... and was sitting upright so no good angle could possibly see anything! Not cool, baby! We (meaning I) really wanted to know - that day! The tech suggested I empty my bladder and do some toe touches and jumping around. Literally. She made me bend and stretch and jump and try to get the baby to move around so we could get a better angle. Somehow it worked!
We're proud to announce that we're having another GIRL! We're excited that Caroline will have a sister to become friends with, teach things to and play with. (added bonus is I don't have to purchase much of anything since we saved all Caroline's clothes... just in case...) I think it will be so much fun to have tea parties and play doll with two girls! (I will admit, it took me a day or so to adjust to calling Peanut "her" not "him", but I'm good now. Caroline also seems to be catching on to calling her "sister" instead of "brother". She's thought the baby was a boy from the very beginning too... )
Unfortunately the ultrasound pictures we got on our disk weren't the greatest. And I'm thinking it's a bit too obscene to post the "tell-all shot" of our precious little girl on the internet. So, the first one I'm putting is a picture from our very first ultrasound, where she was dubbed with the name "Peanut".
this one is her little feet
And this one is kind of weird, but it's a yawn. If you look at it sideways, you can see the tip of her nose, then her mouth open and her chin.
Mabye we'll get some better pictures another time, I hope.
2 comments:
YAY i already knew this information of course! but still i cant WAIT to meet niece #2 :) also i like the update on yalls blog page. looks cute!
xo liz
Congratulations! I can't imagine my two girls not having each other, so I am a little biased when I say how AWESOME it will be ;-) There is always time later to have the boy :-)
Post a Comment