Last weekend, we made our first road trip - to Charleston! Caroline did great in the car. Jonathan and I were packed and ready to jump in the car after her morning feeding to maximize her sleeping time. We only had to stop twice for eating and diapering and she slept the entire time! We had a fun time visiting with my family - everyone was there and they all enjoyed holding and cuddling baby Caroline. She loved all the attention too! Even our dog, Caico, who has been staying at Nona's house seemed to like the baby. He tentatively smelled her at first, then licked her! I was so relieved that he didn't bark when she cried or anything.
While we were there, we got to see some of our old friends downtown - the basket ladies! These wonderful women have known our family since before I was born and have watched me and my siblings all grow up. They were so excited when they learned I was pregnant and have been wanting to meet Caroline since she was born. Only three of them were there when we went downtown, so she'll have to meet the others next time. And can I just tell you how excited Nona was to get to "show off" the "granddaughter" to everyone... VERY.
Miss Shirley & Miss Andrea
Miss Helen
Mrs. Vickers
Also, Caroline got to meet her Grandpa (my dad) for the first time. They seemed to hit it off well - until she started fussing, then he promptly handed her back to me. I think Patrick did the same thing a few times!
Unfortunately, the reason for the trip was not the happiest. Our good friends, Chris and Shelley Talbott, lost their precious baby girl who was born with a genetic disorder, Trisomy 13. While we mourn her death, we celebrate her life and her complete healing before God. Please visit their blog (http://www.thetalbotts.blogspot.com/) to read about this amazing family and their strength and faithfulness to the Lord.
1 comment:
We are so glad we got to meet Caroline! Come back soon!
Post a Comment